Two Major Loan Servicers Merge: Nelnet Acquires Great Lakes
Two of the largest loan servicers in the country announced last week that they are merging. Nelnet, a publicly traded company, purchased Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation, a nonprofit, for…
Department of Education Cancels Agreement to Cooperate With CFPB
In a controversial move, the Department of Education on Friday announced it would stop sharing information with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Created as a part of the Dodd-Frank…
What Does the End of DACA Mean for Students?
The Trump administration’s recent decision to phase out the immigration policy Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals has been met with much backlash and criticism, though some have applauded the action….
The Time Has Come for the First Wave of PSLF Applicants
Many student loan borrowers have waited 10 years and have made life decisions based on this popular forgiveness program. Now, it’s official: The first applicants can apply for Public Service…
Massachusetts Sues Major Loan Servicer Over “Unfair Practices”
The office of Massachusetts attorney general Maura Healey has recently filed a lawsuit against the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, one of the nation’s major loan servicers. PHEAA operates its…
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More
- Student Loan Repayment Options Help Ease Stress of Job Hunt, says Ameritech Financial
- Never Miss an IDR Recertification Deadline Again with Help from Ameritech Financial
- Don’t Panic, says Ameritech Financial regarding First Year of Repayment
- Default Not Inevitable for For-Profit School Attendees Despite High Rates, Says Ameritech Financial
- Ameritech Financial Helps Feed the Hungry in Sonoma County Through Office Food Drive