History of Federal Student Loans – Video
Did you know that Federal Student Loans have only been available for the past 50 years (as of 2015)? Here is a brief history of student loans in the United States.
The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program is the largest federal student loans program. Under this program, the U.S. Department of Education is your lender. There are four types of Direct Loans available:
The Federal Perkins Loan Program is a school-based loan program for students with exceptional financial need. For these loans instead of a loan servicing company, your school is the lender. Although federal student loans can be a hassle they are an investment in your future. Loans are a slippery slope that can easily turn into a ball and chain. Federal student loans ask a lot of the borrowers and often times responsible people can wind up with defaulted loans because of the overwhelming nature of how crippling student loan debt can be for a person.
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More
- Student Loan Repayment Options Help Ease Stress of Job Hunt, says Ameritech Financial
- Never Miss an IDR Recertification Deadline Again with Help from Ameritech Financial
- Don’t Panic, says Ameritech Financial regarding First Year of Repayment
- Default Not Inevitable for For-Profit School Attendees Despite High Rates, Says Ameritech Financial
- Ameritech Financial Helps Feed the Hungry in Sonoma County Through Office Food Drive