If you meet the eligibility criteria for forbearance, it is mandatory for your lender to grant a mandatory forbearance.
You will be granted a mandatory forbearance if you:
- Serve a medical or dental internship or residence
- Owe 20-percent or more of your total monthly gross income for all of your student loan bills each month (call for more info)
- Serve in a national service position having won a national service award
- Are a teacher eligible for teacher loan forgiveness
Other criteria may be available.
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More
- Student Loan Repayment Options Help Ease Stress of Job Hunt, says Ameritech Financial
- Never Miss an IDR Recertification Deadline Again with Help from Ameritech Financial
- Don’t Panic, says Ameritech Financial regarding First Year of Repayment
- Default Not Inevitable for For-Profit School Attendees Despite High Rates, Says Ameritech Financial
- Ameritech Financial Helps Feed the Hungry in Sonoma County Through Office Food Drive