A stated number that includes yourself, and your children (including unborn children who will be born during the year for which you certify), if the children will receive more than half their support from you. Your spouse is included in your family size for PAYE, IBR and ICR plans. For the REPAYE plan, family size includes your spouse unless your spouse’s income is excluded from the calculation of your payment amount.
For all plans, family size also includes other people only if they live with you now, receive more than half their support from you now, and will continue to receive this support for the year that you certify your family size. Support includes money, gifts, loans, housing, food, clothes, car, medical and dental care, and payment of college costs.
For the purposes of repayment plans, your family size may be different from the number of exemptions you claim on your federal income tax return.
- What Is Income-Based Repayment or IBR? How Do I Get Into IBR? - VideoHurray!!! You’ve come to the end road of college and now you are in a dilemma to make a choice out of the numerous student loans options you have because you are not earning enough income that can keep up on all the loan payments. Lay your fears to rest, there is help.
- Ameritech Financial Proposes a New Year’s Resolution: Work With Student Loans, Not Against Them
- Older Americans with Federal Student Loan Debt Have Options, says Ameritech Financial
- Public Service Jobs Good for Society and Self, says Ameritech Financial CEO Brandon Frere
- Income-Driven Repayment Plans Still Vital For Student Loan Borrowers, says Ameritech Financial
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More