This is something that federal student loan borrowers are entitled to. Deferment is a temporary suspension of payments on your loans. Though generally you are not charged interest on subsidized loans during your deferment, however, interest does accrue on unsubsidized loans and PLUS loans.
Watch out for skip-a-month offers from your loan servicer: your interest might continue accruing. Depending on the type of loan you have, the federal government might pay your loan’s interest during a deferment period.
- Video about Forbearance & Deferment - VideoAs the student loan debt continues to grow each year, so does the number of how many borrowers default on their student loans.
- Guide To Perkins Loan - VideoThe Perkins Loan is one of the most popular forms of Federal student aid due to the locked low interest rate that it entails. At just 5 percent interest, it is now among the lowest available....
- Student Loan Borrowers Refusing to Pay Federal GovernmentAmidst the student loan debt crisis, there have been programs implemented under the Obama administration that aim to help college graduates repay their student loans.
- New Jersey Student Loans Finally Sees ReformAmidst the student loan debt crisis, there have been programs implemented under the Obama administration that aim to help college graduates repay their student loans.
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More
- Student Loan Repayment Options Help Ease Stress of Job Hunt, says Ameritech Financial
- Never Miss an IDR Recertification Deadline Again with Help from Ameritech Financial
- Don’t Panic, says Ameritech Financial regarding First Year of Repayment
- Default Not Inevitable for For-Profit School Attendees Despite High Rates, Says Ameritech Financial
- Ameritech Financial Helps Feed the Hungry in Sonoma County Through Office Food Drive