College Cost and Access Act
2007 introduced the College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRA). With some students becoming unable to make the necessary payments on their federal loans, this act increased forgiveness of such loans. After a former student has been employed for a decade with a branch of public service, the loan is discharged. Certain stipulations must be met in order to have the loan discharged. For instance, a total of 120 payments must have been made (averaging one per month for 10 years). These payments must have been made after October 1, 2007 in order to count towards the total.
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More
- Student Loan Repayment Options Help Ease Stress of Job Hunt, says Ameritech Financial
- Never Miss an IDR Recertification Deadline Again with Help from Ameritech Financial
- Don’t Panic, says Ameritech Financial regarding First Year of Repayment
- Default Not Inevitable for For-Profit School Attendees Despite High Rates, Says Ameritech Financial
- Ameritech Financial Helps Feed the Hungry in Sonoma County Through Office Food Drive