How To Create a FSA ID – Video
How to create an FSA ID
You will need an FSA ID to electronically sign and submit your FAFSA, as well as to make any needed corrections later. And if you are a dependent student, your parent will need his or her own FSA ID, too.
This video is related to the recent article we posted FAFSA a Little Too Secure. So we know that it can be hard to navigate through all the hoops in creating an FSA ID. Watch this video from the Federal Student Aid YouTube account to clear some things up about creating an FSA ID.
If you follow the instructions set in place you should be able to breeze through account creation but small mistakes such as writing your name down as Ben instead of Benjamin could cause quite a time-consuming headache. Just resetting a forgotten password or even ID is “a lengthy, complicated process,” stated by Hendrick. One of the reset options actually requires a 30 minute waiting time for the reset to take place.
Department of Education spokeswoman, Dorie Nolt, said that they have received few complaints and that most applicants have been moving swiftly through the process. Though it should be noted that most applicants will be applying and creating accounts in January because that is the start of the financial aid season and the new improved security measures went into effect in May 2015. Which means most people are running into the problem for the first time now.
Need help paying for your student loans?
Let Ameritech Financial pave the way towards financial freedom.Learn More
- Student Loan Repayment Options Help Ease Stress of Job Hunt, says Ameritech Financial
- Never Miss an IDR Recertification Deadline Again with Help from Ameritech Financial
- Don’t Panic, says Ameritech Financial regarding First Year of Repayment
- Default Not Inevitable for For-Profit School Attendees Despite High Rates, Says Ameritech Financial
- Ameritech Financial Helps Feed the Hungry in Sonoma County Through Office Food Drive